Do you have any experience working for or managing a small
business? Go through the following questions and see how you
stack up for experience in these areas.
1. How’s my organization and planning?: setting and reaching
goals, managing time, and keeping work schedules.
2. How am I at handling money?: determining budgets, securing
loans, raising funds, keeping financial records, and
completing income tax forms.
3. Can I sell ideas and products?: determining sales quotas
and projections; direct selling to customers or clientele;
handling criticism and rejection.
4. Management: any experience in managing?
5. How do I Work with people? Have I mediated people with
opposing views or handled complaints for an organization
and do I get along well with most people?
6. How’s my ability to take risks? Do I take moderate,
7. Am I willing to lead and to work alone: Am I self-
disciplined? Do I handle difficult situations? Do I work
calmly and efficiently in an emergency or crisis?
8. Personality traits: Do I take the initiative in situations?
Do I accomplish more than my share of the work? Am I
willing to work hard even if the financial rewards are slow
in coming? Do I establish high standards of performance?
9. Knowledge of products and/or skills in the service offered
or in producing my product: Am I willing to study,research
and plan to improve my business?
Do I need all these skills?
Not all of these skills are necessary for every business.
Very few people who start a small business are experts at everything. You have to be able to assess your strengths and
weaknesses before deciding if you can take the time to learn
what you need to know or whether you can afford to hire staff.
Expertise is more important in some small business than in
others. You, and only you, are the one who has to assess
whether you have the right expertise to succeed in your own
small business enterprise.
Building Your Business only goes out when I have something important or useful to share with you. I won't fill your inbox with worthless emails every day.
To get Your FREE GIFT for joining us, simply complete this short form to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.Be sure you fill in your info accurately or I won't be able to send you the download link for your Gift.